Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful H1 transfer after being out of status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful H1 transfer after being out of status?

Has anyone had a successful H1b transfer after being out of status? If so, how long were you out of status for?

I am currently in the U.S. I was let go from my firm on 5/29/12 and have an offer from Company B who are preparing the H1 transfer applcation for me. Since it wont be filed for another 4 weeks what are my chances of transfer being approved

It is very hard to predict. If the officer asks for your latest payslip by issuing a RFE, you will be in trouble. Technically when you are out of status (no latest pay slip), the transfer is not possible. Maybe the H1B might get approved for consular process.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Would like to know what happened to your case...I'm in a similar situation

Comment

My h1 extension got denied from company A in May-12 (no client letter) left the country in may itself. Now company B filed got 3 year extension using 140. I am not working from the past 3 months. Can you pls let me know if i can fill "Not Working" in DS form or say comp B as my current employer? What sould i say if he asks why i am not working past 3 months. I do have pay slips until before day of my denial.
        Pls help

Comment

Anish can you are you in similar situation as mine? Can you pls help me?

Thanks

Originally posted by anish_na View Post
          Would like to know what happened to your case...I'm in a similar situation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X