H1B Extension from India without travelling to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension from India without travelling to US

My H1B Petition is valid until May 31,2013. At this point of time i cannot travel until May 2013. Would it be possible to extend my H1B from india itself without travelling to Us?

If No, what are the criteria for extending my H1B. Please advise.

Possible.

Originally posted by prof1252 View Post
    My H1B Petition is valid until May 31,2013. At this point of time i cannot travel until May 2013. Would it be possible to extend my H1B from india itself without travelling to Us?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B Extension date from India

Thanks Shervin If H1 can be extended from India without travelling to US, from when i can apply for extension. If my petition validity is till May 2013, from what date i can apply for extension. Kindly Advise.

Comment

You can extend the petition or even transfer it to a new employer before or after the petition validity. If you are filing an extension, then the extension can be filed only 6 months prior to the petition expiry date. Basically the CAP from your H1B approval notice is valid for 6 years. You can file an extension (with the same employer) or a transfer (different employer) within this 6 years and get exempt from CAP.

Originally posted by prof1252 View Post
        Thanks Shervin If H1 can be extended from India without travelling to US, from when i can apply for extension. If my petition validity is till May 2013, from what date i can apply for extension. Kindly Advise.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin that really helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X