Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B doc submission : in respone to 221g (Blue slip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B doc submission : in respone to 221g (Blue slip)

Hi,

I appeared at the Mumbai Consulate for H1B visa stamping, but was handed over a blue 221(g) slip. It seems that I need to submit few more documents which includes finance related docs (including payrolls of all the employees of my US petitioner).
    Due to the confidential nature of the information, my US employer i.e. petitioner (who is based out of US) wants to submit the documents directly to VFS / Consulate.
    Any idea on how to do that (if at all its possible)?
    Also, is there a provision to submit the documents at someplace in US itself ?

I appeared at the Mumbai Consulate for H1B visa stamping, but was handed over a blue 221(g) slip. It seems that I need to submit few more documents which includes finance related docs (including payrolls of all the employees of my US petitioner).
    Due to the confidential nature of the information, my US employer i.e. petitioner (who is based out of US) wants to submit the documents directly to VFS / Consulate.
    Any idea on how to do that (if at all its possible)?
    >>> Possible. Lot of employers do this. Give a copy of the 221g form that you received and ask the employer to attach it along with the other documents that they will be sending it to VFS. You can easily get the address of VFS using google. Is there enough information on the 221g slip mentioning how and where to submit the documents? If not, call VFS helpdesk and talk to them to get a clear understanding.

Also, is there a provision to submit the documents at someplace in US itself ?
    >>> No. It has to be sent to the consulate where you attended the interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I appeared at the Mumbai Consulate for H1B visa stamping (thru employer 'A'), but was handed over a blue 221(g) slip (as i didnt carry the client letter and related docs).
      My employer is preparing a response to that and will be submitting the docs recently.

As of now i am getting another better offer from Emp 'B'. And they will be filing a new 'Cap exempted' petition for me shortly.
      Moreover this employer (emp B) is a product based organisation (a branded one) and requires me to execute in house projects (hence there is no client involved ).

So just wanted to check if i withdraw my existing visa application (for which i was handed over a 221g) and apply again for the visa (thru emp 'B') then will i be handed over the 221g again (or are their chances of getting the visa directly ) ?

Comment

Every time you apply for a visa, your case will be handled as a new application. You may or may not get a 221g and no one can predict that. receiving a 221g in the past is not a reason to get it again. If all the documents are in order from your new employer and if your immigration records are clean, then the chances of NOT getting a 221g is high.

Note: Previous 221g should be mentioned as visa rejection in your new visa application unless the 221g gets cleared by the consulate. It is considered as visa rejection if you withdraw the application which is under 221g.

Originally posted by akhil_agarwal1 View Post
        I appeared at the Mumbai Consulate for H1B visa stamping (thru employer 'A'), but was handed over a blue 221(g) slip (as i didnt carry the client letter and related docs).
        My employer is preparing a response to that and will be submitting the docs recently.

As of now i am getting another better offer from Emp 'B'. And they will be filing a new 'Cap exempted' petition for me shortly.
        Moreover this employer (emp B) is a product based organisation (a branded one) and requires me to execute in house projects (hence there is no client involved ).

So just wanted to check if i withdraw my existing visa application (for which i was handed over a 221g) and apply again for the visa (thru emp 'B') then will i be handed over the 221g again (or are their chances of getting the visa directly ) ?

Comment

As of now i have already submitted the docs (which were requested as part of 221g).

So my question is:
          If i dont get a response from US Consultae (say within next 2 weeks) then I plan to withdraw the current visa application and apply for a new one (by taking a fresh visa appointment against the same employer 'A') in order to get quick results.
          Is doing this worthwhile ? Since i will be appearing for the visa interview again for the same employer 'A' then will i be handed a 221g again (even if i carry all the required docs) ?

Also, as of now i am getting another offer from Emp 'B'. And they will be filing a new 'Cap exempted' petition for me shortly. So once we get the approval can i schedule a fresh visa interview (thru emp 'B') without withdrawing the visa application which is under 'admin process' (thru emp 'A').
          In other words can i have multiple visa applications (for different employers) being processed simultaneously ?
          Last edited by akhil_agarwal1; 07-13-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

If i dont get a response from US Consultae (say within next 2 weeks) then I plan to withdraw the current visa application and apply for a new one (by taking a fresh visa appointment against the same employer 'A') in order to get quick results.
            Is doing this worthwhile ? Since i will be appearing for the visa interview again for the same employer 'A' then will i be handed a 221g again (even if i carry all the required docs) ?
            >>> Your case might once again go into admin processing. The VO might question why you withdraw the application which was under admin process and filing the same again.

Also, as of now i am getting another offer from Emp 'B'. And they will be filing a new 'Cap exempted' petition for me shortly. So once we get the approval can i schedule a fresh visa interview (thru emp 'B') without withdrawing the visa application which is under 'admin process' (thru emp 'A'). In other words can i have multiple visa applications (for different employers) being processed simultaneously ?
            >>> It is not possible. You can apply for only one work visa at a time. You will have to withdraw the previous application and then file the new one.

Comment

So conveying him that 'since my earlier the visa application was taking too much time (due to 221g) hence i filed a new application' can be fruitful or not ?

Comment

I don't know. It depends on the VO. Try and let us know.

Originally posted by akhil_agarwal1 View Post
                So conveying him that 'since my earlier the visa application was taking too much time (due to 221g) hence i filed a new application' can be fruitful or not ?

Comment

sure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                    >>> Your case might once again go into admin processing. The VO might question why you withdraw the application which was under admin process and filing the same again.

Also, as of now i am getting another offer from Emp 'B'. And they will be filing a new 'Cap exempted' petition for me shortly. So once we get the approval can i schedule a fresh visa interview (thru emp 'B') without withdrawing the visa application which is under 'admin process' (thru emp 'A'). In other words can i have multiple visa applications (for different employers) being processed simultaneously ?
                    >>> It is not possible. You can apply for only one work visa at a time. You will have to withdraw the previous application and then file the new one.
                    So I cant file any 2 visa simultaneously (not even a L1 and H1B) ?
                    What if I want to file for a L1B (thru my current employer) when my H1B 221g (from my new perspective employer) is pending admin processing. Can I do that ?

Comment

So I cant file any 2 visa simultaneously (not even a L1 and H1B) ?
                      >>> You can try. Two H1B/L1 at the same time is not allowed. You might be questioned about the pending H1B. Be prepared to answer any questions related to it.

What if I want to file for a L1B (thru my current employer) when my H1B 221g (from my new perspective employer) is pending admin processing. Can I do that?
                      >>> Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X