Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B/H4 separate filing - Urgent

Dear Sir/Madam,

I will be visiting India in June end and will be applying for my H1B visa renewal at the US consulate in Delhi. I will be getting married and will have my wife accompany me during the interview for her H4 visa. My employer has hired an outside attorney who will be filing for me. To file for my wife, they are asking $1500 (I need to bear expenses of my spouse) although there is not much work to be done. I indicated that the attorney can file for me and I will file for my wife. As per the outside attorney, while my package can be prepared separately, it may appear awkward to the consular officer as to why one package is from the employee, who is represented by counsel, and the other is the spouse, who is not represented. Will that be an issue during the interview or is it another way of extracting money? Is there a risk in doing so which may delay/reject my wife's visa petition? Can someone please confirm and let me know what options do I have. I was also contemplating filling both the DS160 forms myself and let the attorney just work on providing me all the necessary information. Is that a viable option.
    Your prompt response will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

That is not a problem.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X