Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping- Received with incorrect refusal worksheet

Hi Experts,

In the end of May- 2012 I had my visa stamping interview in hyderabad consulate. The consular mentioned that I will be receiving the passport in 3 to 5 business working days, with that I understood that my visa stamping got approved. I went and collected the passport from VFS counter on 5th June and found that,
    1. There is no change to my passport pages. There is no new visa page added or no stamp of declining the visa.
    2. An incorrect Refusal worksheet with the name of unknown person, visa type as B1/B2 and stamping date was mentioned as 24th May. 214 B section was ticked in it.

I'm not sure, what exactly happened in Consulate but it is leading to many doubts of getting my visa approved. Soon after that I have raised a query to Consulate but I didn't receive any response yet.

I request you to let me know your guess about what could have gone wrong and what may happen now. Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by vkoulampet; 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM.

Very hard to predict. Only the consulate can tell you what really went wrong. Try to call them or write a letter. Try talking to VFS helpdesk as well. I doubt if VFS helpdesk can be of any help here. Trying to get in touch with the consulate is the best bet.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Received reply from consulate

Thanks for your response:-)

As per the consulate my visa is under administrative processing and the incorrect refusal lettter was attached by mistake. Now I'm not sure how long the administrative processing going to take.
      Last edited by vkoulampet; 06-08-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X