Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after leaving USA

Hello All,

I have completed my 6 years of H1-B in USA and left to India this year. I have not closed my bank
    accounts in USA.

Recently money2India was asking for resubmission of certain documents as part of their routine checks or else the account would be closed soon.

Clear and valid copy of any one of the below mentioned documents:

US Driver's license
    US State Identity Number Card (Identification Card issued by US State)
    US Passport along with US Address Proof*
    Indian Passport along with valid US Visa and US Address Proof*

What is US State Identity Number Card. Is it SSN. I did not renew my US Driver's license which was done every year for me when I was in US.

*Address proof should be in your name and not more than 45 days old. Please provide the photocopy of any one of the following acceptable address proofs:

Utility bill
    Bank statement
    Home/ Apartment Registered lease agreement
    Mortgage payment statement
    Car loan payment statement
    Phone bill

Since I did not close the Bank Account, I still get the Bank statement with the address. I think if
    it is SSN and Bank statement I can still submit that. But I am not sure if I can do that. What else
    is everyone doing when they leave USA. Are they closing this accounts.

I still have 401K and balance in the bank accounts. So in future if I want to transfer this amount to India, what are the options. I know there are options of transferring the amount to Friends account and than they can transfer to our India accounts. But is there any other option where we can be independent.

I also have ICICI NRI Account. Does this account also need to be closed as I am in India.

Can someone please suggest.

Regards,

Banks can directly transfer money using wire transfers, there is no need to use any service like money2india for that. They will charge you some fees for that though (not very much if you are considering 1 transfer).

money2india wants to make sure that their service is being used by US residents only and not by people like you. Let them close your account, you can open it again in the future if you move back to the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion on this.

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X