H1 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping

My wife went for H4 visa stamping in chennai India last Feb 2012 and was verfied for PIMS and got the passport after a month in march. Right now the situations is i have to go to india to attend a wedding and i have to go for H1 visa stamping as well. So do you think since my H1 visa is already there in PIMS database will it be a better chance of getting visa stamped for me now, without any problems like how my wife faced last time (admin processing..etc.). I am also in 6the year of H1 and waiting for perm labor audit to get it clear. Please advice.

You won't have to go through PIMS again as the approval notice will be in their PIMS system now (As your wife got her H4 stamped based on it). But no one can predict whether you will receive a 221g for any other type of admin processing or not. Admin processing is not just for PIMS.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shrevin, I was thinking PIMS verification will be done when we submit the 797 copy in advance before the interview..I was told this is one of the reason that we submit docs in advance( to get PIMS verified by the time we attend the interview 3 days later). but below question seem to be indicating that is not the case (as his PIMS could not be verified at the interview and got PP one month later)..can you confirm if my info is wrong?

Comment

Sometimes it takes weeks to get the petition information in the PIMS system. Advance document submission (3-5 days in advance) won't really be enough to get this done. ADS is usually used to verify if the candidate has all required documents to attend the visa interview or not. People still get 221g. ADS doesn't guarantee that everything is in place. They on;y check the basis documents and it is up to the VO to decide whether to issue 221g for additional documents or not.

Originally posted by gkr747 View Post
        shrevin, I was thinking PIMS verification will be done when we submit the 797 copy in advance before the interview..I was told this is one of the reason that we submit docs in advance( to get PIMS verified by the time we attend the interview 3 days later). but below question seem to be indicating that is not the case (as his PIMS could not be verified at the interview and got PP one month later)..can you confirm if my info is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Sometimes it takes weeks to get the petition information in the PIMS system. Advance document submission (3-5 days in advance) won't really be enough to get this done. ADS is usually used to verify if the candidate has all required documents to attend the visa interview or not. People still get 221g. ADS doesn't guarantee that everything is in place. They on;y check the basis documents and it is up to the VO to decide whether to issue 221g for additional documents or not.
          I got my H1 approval notice soft copy on June 1st (email from lawyer)...my wife interview is on 28th this month...which is 4 weeks time almost,

1. is this enough for PIMS to get updated?

2. if it still might not be enough time, is there anything I can do from myside or push the lawyer somehow to speed up the process of PIMS being updated in time?..please let me know if any info

Comment

I thought your wife already got her H4 visa stamped based on your H1B approval notice after the PIMS verification. If so, your approval notice will already be there in their PIMS system and that is exactly what I said in my previous reply. Did your wife her her H4 stamped or not?

Comment

oh, you are thinking I am the original person (Indian4ever)who started this thread?...No...I am different person(gkr747)...my wife is yet to go for stamping on 28th that is why I am asking

"I got my H1 approval notice soft copy on June 1st (email from lawyer)...my wife interview is on 28th this month...which is 4 weeks time almost,

2. if it still might not be enough time, is there anything I can do from myside or push the lawyer somehow to speed up the process of PIMS being updated in time?..please let me know if any info"

Comment

>>> Usually PIMS gets updated soon after the H1B petition gets approved. Only in some cases it won't get updated for whatever may be the reason. There is no way to find out if your petition is in PIMS database or not until you attend the visa interview. Usually 4 weeks is enough time to get the petition information in PIMS.

2. if it still might not be enough time, is there anything I can do from myside or push the lawyer somehow to speed up the process of PIMS being updated in time?..please let me know if any info"
                >>> Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do. You can write an email to the consulate where you will attend the visa interview with your approval notice number to see if the petition is in their system or not. But whether they will reply back or not, nobody can guess. Writing to VFS will not help. LIke I said, the chances of the petition not getting into the PIMS is not very common. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get his into the pIMS once the VO places a request.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X