Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

h1 transfer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • h1 transfer

    I am currently working for company A in India have got h1b stamped succesfully my question are

    Situation1)If i find an US offer at Company B ,if he applies for petition but tells me to travel on existing comapny A-VISA.
    Q1) Can i travel with existing visa ?
    Q2) can company A cancel my VISA ?
    q3)Does company A need my passport to proceed with cancelation or just he can intimate to USCIS to Cancel ?
    q4)if Company A applies to cancel my VISA how long it takes ?
    q5)If company B after petition approval , if he tells me to go for stamping , will my A-VISA be cancelled by VO ?
    q6) Can i hold both petition and both VISA at same time ?

    How do people find US Offer while they are staying in INDIA ? if there is any group can you please help me


  • #2
    To travel, you need company B's approved I797 first. Once that is in your hands:

    1. Yes
    2. No. They can cancel your petition but not your visa.
    3. NA as it can't be done.
    4. NA
    5.You need not get a new visa.
    6. You just need one visa. You can choose to apply for a new visa if you want the visa to match the validity dates of petition B.

    A stamped H1b visa from ANY company can be used along with a valid approved I797 to travel and work.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.


    • #3
      Hi TX H1B ,

      thanks a lot for your help and suggestions and answers ...was neat and clean