Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Interveiw for the Cancelled H1B visa

Dear All
    I got H1B in 2011 and my project was delayed so I did not travel to US then meanwhile I had holidays so I wanted to visit to US then I applied for B2 visa so my case for B2 went under administration process and after two months i received email from embassy that submit the passport for visa processing then I submitted and they cancelled my H1B visa without stamping B2 and they said re-apply for both visas. Then I applied for H1B again and they took my company's documents and said that we will varify your company whether your company can pay you the salary or not then we will release you both visas H1B and B2. They issue me a 221g yellow page. My project si going to be started after one week and now I am very much in frustration. Anyone can answer me that
    1- How long it will take to varify my company ?
    2- It can happen that they will not issue me visa ?

Thanks

1- How long it will take to varify my company ?
    >>> No one can predict that. It is case by case basis. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.

2- It can happen that they will not issue me visa ?
    >>> Possible.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. But they have taken all the documents of my company. And company is in a very good condition and stable company.

Comment

Well, in that case hope that everything will get cleared. If admin process is successful, you will get the visa or they will send the petition back to USCIS to revoke. If you have submitted all the documents requested in the 221g, then the chances are high.

Originally posted by Rizkiani82 View Post
        Thanks Shervin. But they have taken all the documents of my company. And company is in a very good condition and stable company.

Comment

Hi Shervin
          Again thanks for giving me hope. Actually, my company attorney sent me one complete package of documents related to my company in 2010 but luckily in that time I got my H1B in first attempt as I mentioned and in that time I did not submit that documents package to consulate. but later I applied for b2 and during that time they cancelled my h1B. So now I had arleady that complete package with me and even consulate offier did not ask any document. he only asked for contract agreement but I thought its better I should give him complete documents.

Comment

You need the latest documents from the company like their latest tax returns etc. The documents that you have from 2010 may not be up-to-date now. The VO might ask you for additional documents if needed. When there is a 221g, submit only the documents that they have requested rather than submitted additional documents that are not up-to-date and inviting more trouble.

Hi Shervin
            Again thanks for giving me hope. Actually, my company attorney sent me one complete package of documents related to my company in 2010 but luckily in that time I got my H1B in first attempt as I mentioned and in that time I did not submit that documents package to consulate. but later I applied for b2 and during that time they cancelled my h1B. So now I had arleady that complete package with me and even consulate offier did not ask any document. he only asked for contract agreement but I thought its better I should give him complete documents.

Comment

Hi Shervin
              Thanks for valuable information. Actually, embassy never asked for any document. They just told me that they are varifying my company. So when I re-applied for H1B, during that time consulate officer said to me that I know your case before and we only need to varify that this company can pay you and they have capability? So he asked for contract documents and when I gave her that package, he said thanks , may be these more documents help us to varify fast and he was happy. Anyhow, i can only hope now. Can you please tell me the expected list of documents which might be asked by embassy so that I request to my company for that ? Thanks

Comment

Well, no one can predict what they might ask. They might not even ask for anything. Just wait for the admin process to get completed. They will let you know if they need anything else.

Hi Shervin
                Thanks for valuable information. Actually, embassy never asked for any document. They just told me that they are varifying my company. So when I re-applied for H1B, during that time consulate officer said to me that I know your case before and we only need to varify that this company can pay you and they have capability? So he asked for contract documents and when I gave her that package, he said thanks , may be these more documents help us to varify fast and he was happy. Anyhow, i can only hope now. Can you please tell me the expected list of documents which might be asked by embassy so that I request to my company for that ? Thanks

Comment

Hi Shervin,
                  Thanks for replying. Actually today I got 15 questions from US embassy and all the 15 questions are about my company. In that 15 questions they asked some documents as well. So I forwarded that email to my company and they replied to embassy with scanned documents. Last two questions were 1- "what is the average length of H1B benificies at your company so they mentioned 12months plus" and 2- "What is the average length of work contracts for your company's employees working at offsite third party work sites so my company replied 6-12months extendable". I dont know this was the right answers or not. Anyhow my case is not online . Once i put my number to check online it shows nothing. My question to you is that they replied within one day and now embassy has all the documents for which they asked., so now still it will take long time or it can be resolved soon ?

Comment

Well, no one can predict that. There are lot of cases where it took more time after submitting the requested documents and there are cases where it got cleared within few days. Now based on the documents you have submitted and the questions you have answered, they will continue the admin process. No one can predict how soon it will get completed. But the good news is, they are actively working on your case. Otherwise, you wouldn't have got the questioner so soon.

Hi Shervin,
                    Thanks for replying. Actually today I got 15 questions from US embassy and all the 15 questions are about my company. In that 15 questions they asked some documents as well. So I forwarded that email to my company and they replied to embassy with scanned documents. Last two questions were 1- "what is the average length of H1B benificies at your company so they mentioned 12months plus" and 2- "What is the average length of work contracts for your company's employees working at offsite third party work sites so my company replied 6-12months extendable". I dont know this was the right answers or not. Anyhow my case is not online . Once i put my number to check online it shows nothing. My question to you is that they replied within one day and now embassy has all the documents for which they asked., so now still it will take long time or it can be resolved soon ?

Comment

Alkhamdolillah, Today I got call from US embassy for submission of passport to embassy. Thanks Allah.
                      Shervin, thank you for encouraging reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X