H1B cap exempt University's visa sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B cap exempt University's visa sponsorship

I did Master's in US. I got H1B visa and worked in US for some time. Then, I came back from US and never went for visa stamping. Its been almost 3 years, so I think my previous H1B would have expired. Now, I am getting a job at US University's office, which will come under H1B visa cap exempt program. Also, under this program, I believe it is not necessary to apply for H1B in the first week of april. Also, I believe if I get the visa, I can start any time instead of october 1st.

Since I am staying out of US, How is the procedure for getting the visa different?
    Usually, In these scenarios, How long will it take to get the visa approval documents so that I can for visa staming here?
    Will it cost the university anything extra by hiring some one outside US instead of inside US?

Since I am staying out of US, How is the procedure for getting the visa different?
    >>> It is no different. Once you get the H1B approved by USCIS, you can apply for the visa at the U.S consulate.

Usually, In these scenarios, How long will it take to get the visa approval documents so that I can for visa staming here?
    >>> Petition approval takes 2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium. Once you have the approval notice, it depends on how soon you can schedule the visa interview. If there is no 221g for admin processing, your should get the stamped passport within 2 weeks.

Will it cost the university anything extra by hiring some one outside US instead of inside US?
    >>> No. The fee is the same. If they are paying you for the flight tickets and initial accomodation, then that is separate.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X