Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

failed to apply H1B before the quota filled (T_T)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed to apply H1B before the quota filled (T_T)

I am currently on post completion-opt which ends mid-february 2013. I have recently accepted a job with a company that says they will sponsor me for work visas in the offer letter. The job starts in the beginning of July 2012.

The company has not filed H1B for me and I have no idea that the quota would be filled that quickly. I know that I can still work full time until my opt ends in feb 2013. But, what worries me is what happens after that since H1B application will only start to open in April 1, 2013. And even if the company were to file the H1B right on april 1, 2013, the earliest of my start date would be oct 1, 2013.

I have several question:
    - Is there a possibility or a precedence in the past where USCIS reopened the H1B application process again for the same fiscal year?
    - Is there any way to extend OPT? I have heard about STEM, but I am not sure what that is
    - Is it possible to change the start date of H1B to sometime earlier than Oct 1?
    - Is there a possibility that USCIS will still accept my application for FY 2013 eventhough the quota has been filled?
    - So my opt expires in mid feb 2013 and suppose the company files h1b for me on april 1, 2013. Can i still work full time during the gap (between mid feb 2013 and april 1, 2013)?
    - Has any of you ever experienced any of this?

Thanks
    Last edited by kelsie90; 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM.

Am not sure with all the answers hence answering the ones (for which i am sure):
    - Is there a possibility or a precedence in the past where USCIS reopened the H1B application process again for the same fiscal year?
    Akhil: Havent seen that happening till now.

- Is there any way to extend OPT? I have heard about STEM, but I am not sure what that is

- Is it possible to change the start date of H1B to sometime earlier than Oct 1?
    Akhil: Nopes

- Is there a possibility that USCIS will still accept my application for FY 2013 eventhough the quota has been filled?
    Akhil: Nopes

- So my opt expires in mid feb 2013 and suppose the company files h1b for me on april 1, 2013. Can i still work full time during the gap (between mid feb 2013 and april 1, 2013)?
    Akhil: No (as you will be out of status)

- Has any of you ever experienced any of this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X