Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check if Reciept number belongs to Me

Hi Folks,

Last year my current company applied a H1 for me. The petition came through only with a validity of 8 months and will expire by June 2012. The project then dropped me due to budgetary constraints and I never got to fly to the US.

I now have a job offer from another firm that is willing to take me onboard for their US operations. Since the CAP for this year has expired I am planning to transfer my current petition. However my current company has not provided me with a copy of the H1 petition.

I searched a bit on these forums and found that a H1 transfer is possible using the reciept number if "you know for sure that receipt number belongs to you".

Can I check if it belongs to me without a copy of the petition? What questions should I ask my employer to indirectly confirm this?

Regards

Did the employer provide you a receipt number? If yes, provide it to the new employer and they would be able to file a transfer. If that receipt number really belongs to you, your transfer will get approved. If not, the employer will loose the filing fee.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the response. The visa was taken by the firm for me. I am confident about that. Beyond that is there something I need to check to ensure the visa is mine?

Is there a different kind of h1 where it cannot belong to the employee?

Regards

Comment

And to respond to your other question, yes, the receipt number I have was provided by my employer.

Regards

Comment

There is nothing much yuo can do other than to trust the employer and beleive that they gave you the correct receipt number. Try to find an employer who is ready to file the transfer using just the receipt number. Most employers will be reluctant to go with just the receipt number (They will ask for a copy of the approval notice to be sure).

Originally posted by krismike View Post
          Hey,

Thanks for the response. The visa was taken by the firm for me. I am confident about that. Beyond that is there something I need to check to ensure the visa is mine?

Is there a different kind of h1 where it cannot belong to the employee?

Regards
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X