Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost I797...need to go for stamping..help plz

Here is the detailed scenario.

I entered to US in 2009 on H1 filed by company A. The I94 was valid till june2011.
    I got married in Feb 2011 and got my spouse with me in Feb 2011, so her I94 was also valid till June2011.

Company A filed for extension in April 2011 and got an RFE and it was finally approved in October 2011.

I got an offer from Company B in october and the H1 transfer was approved and i Started working for company B from Nov 2011. H4 was also filed by company B. I was with company A till Novemeber.

Now we are planning to travel to India this november.

The question is, our stamped I94(employer A) were valid till June 2011 and the new I94s (which come with the approved I797 with employer B) are valid till May 2014.

I need to get the visa stamped when I am travelling this novemebr.

Am I in any kind of risk?

If you lost your I797, do you have a copy atleast? When I renewed, I just needed a copy of my I797, so I can confirm that'll work. If they ask for the original, you can be honest and let them know it was lost. Either way you have no choice. Explore getting a duplicate I797, it can be a bit time consuming. Search online, or somebody else can pitch in how to go about it.

Comment

Thanks Kaluram

Just to be clear, I didnt lose my current I797.
      I lost the previous I797 which was the approval for my exntension. I have the current I797 which is approved after I tresnferred by h1.

Comment

No issues as long as you have the latest I-797. I hope you have a copy of the lost I-797 as it is required each file you file any new petition will USCIS. You will have to return all your I-94 when you leave U.S.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X