Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1 Transfer ----- based on earlier H1B filed

Hi All,

I am currently on L2-EAD and have been working from past 9 months. My Employer was ready to submit an H1B for me but with a day i missed the cap where as i had an H1B stamped in Jan-2009
    from Company A and now my present company B is trying to make use of that visa to file the H1B transfer as i would not come under the cap. But i do not have the I-797 document where as the receipt number is available on the Visa.

Would this be a successful transfer? Can my H1B be approved with out i-797 document?

Thanks and Regards
    Srujana

Possible. Didn't you take a photocopy of your previous H1B approval notice? That was such an importnat documents for your records and how difficult was it to take a photocopy?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

True shervin. But I didn't know that we can use the same h1 for transfer and it doesn't fall with out cap. More over when I entered us I came on l2 so didn't bring the documents with me . I really repent of not taking the photo copy of it but I have my receipt number on my visa in the passport.

Please suggest me as I see you posting for so many threads and also u seem to be more experienced on all these.

Thanks in advance.

Srujana

Comment

Well, the receipt number is enough to prove that you were previously counted in the CAP. Any employer can file a new H1B petition using that CAP (receipt) number and request an immediate start date.

Originally posted by srujana_aouk View Post
        True shervin. But I didn't know that we can use the same h1 for transfer and it doesn't fall with out cap. More over when I entered us I came on l2 so didn't bring the documents with me . I really repent of not taking the photo copy of it but I have my receipt number on my visa in the passport.

Please suggest me as I see you posting for so many threads and also u seem to be more experienced on all these.

Thanks in advance.

Srujana
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Approved H1B

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Well, the receipt number is enough to prove that you were previously counted in the CAP. Any employer can file a new H1B petition using that CAP (receipt) number and request an immediate start date.
          Hi All,

As shervin said I had my H1B approved and there is not much information they asked also. I am so glad that they have approved for the complete 3 years . So it is the Receipt Number which is important and in my case i had the Receipt number printed on the Visa.

Thanks Shervin and all.

Regards
          srujana

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X