Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help required for h1 visa for residency program

Dear Friends,
    I need urgent advice on my chances for Refusal of H1 visa.
    I am going to apply for H1 visa stamping ( for start working with my pediatric residency program) in mumbai consulate very soon, and i am worried on some questions.
    I will describe my scenario- I have my sister-US citizen, brother-H1,my wife- H1 ( married in feb 2012 in USA - internet based contact through matrimonial website), parents- green card( very recently ). I have my 2 hospitals in india in partnership ( having annual turnover of more than 1.5 crore). I did my work permit- fellowship in toronto- canada.
    I am concerned on- i dont have family ties in india, but i do have strong financial ties in india.
    I tried to consult immigration lawyer in my city - but i didnt get proper response and guidance.
    I will appreciate your help in guiding me, like what shall i expect as tricky question, which might create disaster for me.
    Thanks,
    bhavson2002

H1B is for dual intent. These are not the cause of concern for applying H1B. They are for B1/B2.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much shervin

Comment

thank you

thank you Shervin, why i was asking was, just very recently, 2 doctors who applied for H1 at mumbai consulate- they got refusal of visa, on basis of they had stayed 5.5 months. so thats why i was concerned and was thinking of situations where they might ask me questions

Comment

Well, each case is different and no one can predict what kind questions might be asked when you attend the visa interview. It depends on the individual case and also it depends on the VO.

Originally posted by bhavson2002 View Post
          thank you Shervin, why i was asking was, just very recently, 2 doctors who applied for H1 at mumbai consulate- they got refusal of visa, on basis of they had stayed 5.5 months. so thats why i was concerned and was thinking of situations where they might ask me questions

Comment

thanks

thanks shervin, i understand

Comment

one more help shervin

Shervin, few more question for u, i gave step 2 cs while visiting my brother on my b2 visa- is there any ground, it is considered visa fraud? and same time, i visited usa on visitor visa- gave interviews for my residency program, and got married there in USA- did i break any rule of visa- or was i out of status/did visa fraud?
              I think, if i have not- then i am in absolutely good shape.
              Thanks in advance.
              bhavson

Comment

B2 is for tourism. If you have given interviews while you were on B2, then it means that your primary purpose of entering U.S in B2 is not for tourism and it is for searching job. If the VO figures that out, it can be a problem. There is no rule that you should not get married while you were on B2. Getting married for the sake of immigration purpose is considered fraud.

Originally posted by bhavson2002 View Post
                Shervin, few more question for u, i gave step 2 cs while visiting my brother on my b2 visa- is there any ground, it is considered visa fraud? and same time, i visited usa on visitor visa- gave interviews for my residency program, and got married there in USA- did i break any rule of visa- or was i out of status/did visa fraud?
                I think, if i have not- then i am in absolutely good shape.
                Thanks in advance.
                bhavson

Comment

Thanks Shervin

Thanks Shervin.
                  while i entered USA on december 6 2012, immigration officer asked me some questions as usual- n i told, its for tour purpose. He didnt specified class of visa on the stamp they make while we enter. ( neither B1 nor B2). So i assume- its ok to give interviews, whats yr opinion on that.
                  ( what i know is- B2 is for tourism, while B1 is for yr business things- though it shouldnt lead to achieving degree credentials or something)
                  another thing, in my case- i attended interviews in january 2012 and got married february 2012 ( girl is on H1 ) -when i entered USA, i didnt have intention to get married, but after meeting we felt we are perfect match, and bad thing on my part is i was already 35 year and she was 33 year, so we felt not to delay as it was not possible for her ( no leaves) to come to india to get married.
                  So though my intention was not to immigrate, some one might trap me on this.
                  What is your opinion on this?
                  Thank you so much for guiding me.
                  bhavson

Comment

urgent help for H1 visa interview

Anyone able to answer the previous post?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X