Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Job Loss - Urgent Advice Requested

Hello everyone ,

I'm 4.5 years into my H1B and was unexpectedly separated from the company.
    I'm told I have 30 days to have a change in status or leave the country

1. What are my options here , can anyone please advise

2. I found a local university which has a cheap MBA program which is willing to give me an I-20 Can I change to an F-1 visa (OPT 8 months used on previous MS degree) and then continue looking for jobs and then have a H1 transfer. Or would I run into any difficulty.

3. I have a Btech in ME (Mechanical Engg) and a MS in IE (Industrial Engg) from leading universities , can I switch to an IT job to float myself for a few weeks while I search for a job

I'm really grateful for any advice provided.

1. What are my options here , can anyone please advise
    >>> Find a new employer and transfer your H1B before your last working day with the current employer or file a COS to any other status (F1, B2) or leave the country.

2. I found a local university which has a cheap MBA program which is willing to give me an I-20 Can I change to an F-1 visa (OPT 8 months used on previous MS degree) and then continue looking for jobs and then have a H1 transfer. Or would I run into any difficulty.
    >>> Possible.

3. I have a Btech in ME (Mechanical Engg) and a MS in IE (Industrial Engg) from leading universities , can I switch to an IT job to float myself for a few weeks while I search for a job
    >>> If the H1B transfer gets approved, then YES. You cannot work for any other employer without filing the H1B transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you

Shervin ,
      Thank you for the advice.
      Can I start working for an employer as soon as the H1 transfer is filed.
      Or do I have to wait till it's approved

Comment

You can start working as soon as you receive the H1B transfer receipt notice. If you file the transfer in premium, the receipt notice will be sent to the lawyers visa email.

Originally posted by amithforever View Post
        Shervin ,
        Thank you for the advice.
        Can I start working for an employer as soon as the H1 transfer is filed.
        Or do I have to wait till it's approved
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X