Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying H4 after H1 approval

Hi,

I am currently in L1 extension approved and also my employer applied for L to H conversion for 2013, which is in processing. Now, I am planning to bring my wife to US in L2 Visa, but, H4 was not applied to her while applying for my H1. In this scenario, if my wife comes to US in L2 , when should I apply for L2 to H4 for her and while her L2 to H4 conversion in process, whether she can stay with me in US?

Thanks for your response.

I am currently in L1 extension approved and also my employer applied for L to H conversion for 2013, which is in processing. Now, I am planning to bring my wife to US in L2 Visa, but, H4 was not applied to her while applying for my H1. In this scenario, if my wife comes to US in L2 , when should I apply for L2 to H4 for her
    >>> It has to be filed before Oct 1st. But it is advisable to do it immediately upon her arrival. COS from L2 to H4 can be filed based on your pending/approved H1B petition.

and while her L2 to H4 conversion in process, whether she can stay with me in US?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for you prompt response shervin143.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X