Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 Form & tax details

Hello, I am going to apply for H1, I have following questions

What is W2 form, I don't have that form in my document base, Will I need it?

I don't have my employer's tax details, They asked me that if VO ask for it take it in written we will provide you

Is this normal, I mean VO provides this way ? I haven't heard any such thing

Originally posted by void View Post
    Hello, I am going to apply for H1, I have following questions

What is W2 form, I don't have that form in my document base, Will I need it?

I don't have my employer's tax details, They asked me that if VO ask for it take it in written we will provide you

Is this normal, I mean VO provides this way ? I haven't heard any such thing
    Have you worked in the US before ? If not, no need to worry about W2. (that is a tax document for people employed in USA, like Form 16 in India).

I think the employers tax details may be asked for if you are applying through a lesser known or a shady firm. I am not sure.Anyway, if they can provide upon asking, they might as well provide before hand, isn't it ?
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Yes the company is not very famous but it is mid size very good company, I asked them for that and they told me that if VO asks then we will provide it

Is it 221G scenario or something?

I mean if they ask and how could I say to VO that give me in written I will ask my employer to provide me that

Comment

Well many companies dont want to hand over these details directly to the employee going in for visa interview. If VO asks for these documents and you dont have it, they will most likely issue a 221G with appropriate documents marked there in. You would have to give this to you employer and then they will send those details directly to the consulate/USCIS. This is my opinion, not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X