Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Working

Hi guys,

I just want to know if the name of wife mentioned in my L1 application will be referred to when my wife makes her application for L2 Visa?
    Actually she was planning to change her name. So i had put her to be name in my L1 application. But, due to some issues, getting her new passport in a new name is going to take too much time.

Hence, I was looking at the option of making her apply with the existing passport with her maiden name. But that would work only if the visa interviewers look at her current passport and current documents (she has everything else required), rather than looking at what i mentioned in my application.

I know its a big goof up. But can any of the experts shed some light on this?

Cheers

Just make sure while filling her DS160, you enter her name as it appeard on the passport. If the name in the marriage certificate matches the name in her passport, she is all good in getting her L2 visa stamped.
    Last edited by shervin143; 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Just make sure while filling her DS160, you enter her name as it appeard on DS160. If the name in the marriage certificate matches the name in her passport, she is all good in getting her L2 visa stamped.
      Thanks a lot for the reply shervin. Just to confirm, you are suggesting she fills her visa application with her maiden name as her name (because thats what she has on her passport) or the supposed to be married name (with my surname)?

Comment

I meant to say "while filling the DS160, enter her name as it appeard on her PASSPORT". Sorry for the typo.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Thanks a lot for the reply shervin. Just to confirm, you are suggesting she fills her visa application with her maiden name as her name (because thats what she has on her passport) or the supposed to be married name (with my surname)?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          I meant to say "while filling the DS160, enter her name as it appeard on her PASSPORT". Sorry for the typo.
          thanks a ton man

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X