Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Name bifurcation after H1b petition filing

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Name bifurcation after H1b petition filing


    My H1 B petition is filed with the United states Consulate in April 2012 for 2013 CAP and is currently in RFE status. I am from Chennai. Now, I would like to bifurcate my "Given name" in my passport into first name and surname, also I would like to add my spouse name in the passport. This will result in issue of a new passport booklet with new passport number. But my H1B petition is filed with old passport number and name. Will there be a problem for obtaining a h1b visa if I apply for a name bifurcation?? Am I allowed to do that ? Please let me know if I can go ahead and apply for the name bifurcation and spouse name addition. Also, my stamped visa will have my old un - bifurcated name, is there any way I can change that ?

    Last edited by geekforu; 06-27-2012, 02:08 AM.

  • #2
    It won't be an issue. You will have to carry both the passports when you attend the visa interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.