Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Experience in Singapore US consulate !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Experience in Singapore US consulate !!!

I had been to my H1B stamping yesterday and had the worst experience.

First i had been to the Singapore US consulate at the correct time and went inside the consulate.

After the security check-in, went inside the interview hall.

Picked up my token and waited for my turn. First a lady called me to collect my DS160, Appointment letter Visa Receipt and my passport.

Then she said " Please be seated we will call you"

Then another lady called me for finger printing and she was very polite and nice.

She handed over my DS160,Visa receipt and my passport and said "Please be seated we will call you".

First mistake,

On my DS160 it was marked as B1/B2 when i was for H1B. Not sure if the first lady marked it or the second lady.

Then i was waiting for my turn for the interview.

Then the interviewer called me and asked

1) How long are you in Singapore?

Answered

2) When does your contract ends?

Answered

3) Why do you want to go to US?

I said for my Employment.

Then the Consular officer said you cant work in B1/B2. I told her i am on my H1b. She gave a strange look and i told her i have a approved I797.
    She took all my Documents( Original I797, Employer Letter, Client Letter,LCA, Tax paid by my employer, Employers Profit/Loss, Estimated Business for the next year,
    Master Service agreement, Purchase order,My passport front and back page, Pay slips,Educational Certificate, My Employers office lease agreement,
    Contract agreement between my Employer and Client.

Then she said " Please be seated some time we will check and call you back"

After completing all the peoples i was called again by the consular officer.

The correction was made from B1/B2 to H1b.

she took about 10 Minutes in going through all the documents.

This time the consular officer asked

1) Where is the letter from your employer to USCIS?
    I was not sure which letter she was asking for and i handed over another set of Documents that i had.
    It had I797C, I129 and the letter to USCIS.

She said "THIS IS IT"

2) She said which location are you going?

I said Santa Clara, California.

3) That's it. No more questions

She said she cannot approve my visa as she needs additional Documents. She took a 221g pink slips and tick marked almost everything in it.

1) Letter from employer to USCIS. (I Had this letter and she too said "THIS IS IT"). But Still she has marked this in my 221g.

2) Employer office lease agreement. (I had this too and she saw the papers)

3) Singed letter from the client end. (I had the client letter and she saw the papers)

4) 15 Photographs of my work place

5) 3 years pay slips of all the employees of the my employers.

6) Details of all the employees of my employers who are in H1B , start date, end date,

7) List of Petitioners active projects.

and few more as well.

and finally she said if you submit all these documents as well we will take one year to review it and still you might not get it approved.

I had almost all the proper Documents with me including the PO(purchase order) and the client letter.

It is totally insane to ask for 3 years pay slips of all the employees from the employer and 15 photographs of the work space. How many of us carry these documents?

I feel these people are purposefully rejecting the Visa. If My H1B Petition is approved then why does the visa officer wants these?
    H1B petition is approved based on all the documents submitted and reviewed. If USCIS is happy then why does Visa officer wants additional Documents?
    It could have been asked by USCIS and moved the petition to RFE.

And finally the clever part is the ethical way of stealing the money. The Employer pays around 3500USD to 4000 USD to apply for H1b which is the highest for any country i feel,
    if the country cant issue the visa then why are the visa charges not given back?

Very bad and Frustrated!!!. I have about 8 years of IT Experience and worked with worlds leading banks and a US company(outside US) as well.

I have Bachelor degree, have skills,have experience and had a client offer letter also in US, but still.....

Forum Experts: Do you see any mistake on my side here ?
    Last edited by Suresh2012; 06-28-2012, 11:10 PM.

Did you submitted the additional documents they requested? any progress?

I got same thing today. Not sure if that is from same lady there. She just don't want to listen/see to anything and only use her imagination.

Please keep me posted about your progress
    Last edited by lyiu18; 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lyiu18 View Post
      Did you submitted the additional documents they requested? any progress?

I got same thing today. Not sure if that is from same lady there. She just don't want to listen/see to anything and only use her imagination.

Please keep me posted about your progress
      did u submit the requested documents ??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X