Valid entry date based on the VISA stamped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid entry date based on the VISA stamped

For example my VISA start date AND work start date is 1st of January what is the earliest time I could reach US ?

10 days prior to the petition effective date. If your H1B petition is effective from Oct 1st 2012, then you can enter U.S after 21st Sept 2012.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the information, do you have any supporting link to the document ?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      10 days prior to the petition effective date. If your H1B petition is effective from Oct 1st 2012, then you can enter U.S after 21st Sept 2012.

Comment

No. Google for it or search in uscis. You may also validate the information with an immigration attorney.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Confirmed this from https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/working_faqs.html

Q.8 My H1B Employment Petition (USCIS Form I-797) shows an employment start date. How early can I apply for an H1B visa at the Consulate?
          Ans You can apply for an H1B visa up to 90 days in advance beginning of employment status as noted on the form I-797, Notice of Action, however your entry to the US is restricted to 10 days prior to the start date as noted in the Form I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa and have applied for a revalidation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X