Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Change of Location Amendment

Any guidance is much appreciated!

I'm currently working for employer A on H1. Employer B made me an offer and filed an H1 petition. The petition was approved by USCIS; however they filed the petition

based on an existing LCA, which has a location that's different from the state where I am supposed to work and the role is different as well.

Now they are offering that I start working in the location as per the approved LCA and they will file an amendment to update the location as soon as I join them. Per

them, I won't need to wait for an amendment approval before I start working in the new locaiton (location where I am supposed to be based out of eventually).

So, I have the below questions:

1) Is it true that I can start working from the new location based on the filed (and not approved) amendment?

2) Will the amendment require a separate LCA for the new location?

3) How long will it take for such an amendment to get approved?

4) Can the amendment be filed before I start with employer B?

1) Is it true that I can start working from the new location based on the filed (and not approved) amendment?
    >>> No. The amendment should be filed before you can start working at the new location.

>>> Yes.

>>> 10 days of the LCA and 2-3 months for the petition under normal process and 15 days by premium.

>>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> No. The amendment should be filed before you can start working at the new location.

>>> Yes.

>>> 10 days of the LCA and 2-3 months for the petition under normal process and 15 days by premium.

>>> Yes.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X