Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Withdrawing Passport Back from Embassy ( when administrative processing is going on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawing Passport Back from Embassy ( when administrative processing is going on)

I need my passport back for a short period of time for some urgent personal reasons. My 221g is pending for 7 weeks now in Delhi How much time does the embassy take to return the passport after sending a mail to VFS for the same ( not withdrawing the case but only asking for the passport back)
    I have been waiting for a week

Please do share any experience which you may have had for the above. I would really appreciate the help

It will take about 2-3 weeks. Talk to VFS helpdesk.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It will take about 2-3 weeks. Talk to VFS helpdesk.

Thanks Shervin. I did call the helpdesk and they told me to send an email to request the passport back. But I never got a timeline of getting the passport back .

I assume there is no way to speed up the 2-3 week period . I was thinking that getting an unstamped passport back should be quick

Comment

Yes. Write a letter to the consulate stating that you need your passport back and will submit it back when the admin process is over. You have to send the letter to the consulate and not to VFS. Once the consulate gets your letter, they will hand over the unstamped passport to VFS and VFS will courier it to you. This whole process can take 2-3 weeks and there is no way to expiate it.

Originally posted by rpackerfan View Post
        Thanks Shervin. I did call the helpdesk and they told me to send an email to request the passport back. But I never got a timeline of getting the passport back .

I assume there is no way to speed up the 2-3 week period . I was thinking that getting an unstamped passport back should be quick
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

passport withdrawal request

Hi I have request for return of my passport from US consulate ( 221g is continued ) . Its been more then two weeks since i have not got any update on the same.

Any Idea ho long it take to get the passport back.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I have submitted a written request the withdrawal of my passport from US consulate ( 221g is continued ) . Its been more then two weeks since i have not got any update on the same.

Any Idea how long it takes to get the passport back.

Comment

@missivory

Originally posted by missivory View Post
            Hi I have request for return of my passport from US consulate ( 221g is continued ) . Its been more then two weeks since i have not got any update on the same.

Any Idea ho long it take to get the passport back.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I have submitted a written request the withdrawal of my passport from US consulate ( 221g is continued ) . Its been more then two weeks since i have not got any update on the same.

Any Idea how long it takes to get the passport back.
            Hey, once I had talked to the VFS representative about how long they take in case I need my passport back? Because my passport is also with them since december 2011. And they said once they send in request to the consulate it depends on them.. Sometime they return it very next day or sometimes it can take few days
            too..! That's what he told me ...
            Thanks

Comment

Still No Information

Its been a month still i haven't got my passport back. I don't understand what are they waiting for now?

Comment

Hi i appeared for interview on 25 oct 2012, got 221 g submitted documents on 10th dec2012 .and its still showing admin processing .At the time of interview
                consular asked me that i can leave or take my passport .At that time i had given him my passport .But now i regret doing that .Please suggest how do i take my passport back without withdrawing the application .Is there any provision i can resubmit the passport when my case status changes .

Please suggest

Comment

Just want to know how many days it takes?

I have applied for transit visa and interviewed at u.s. embassy dhaka and they kept my passport for visa and it went 46 days until today. Anybody know how many days it takes to issue the visa on passport? On the official website they said it takes 60 days. Is it true it can be take that long or may be more then that? If i want to withdraw my passport also cancel the administration prosses and don't want the visa then gow many days it takes to they gave back my passport? Please anybody know about it? I am very much disappointed and frustrated, help please.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X