Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B 221(g) Chennai

Hello,

I attended the interview in chennai on June 26th for H1B visa renewal. After a few questions the officer gave me a pink 221(g). The other officer behind the counters took my passport and my company letter and gave me my case number. Till now the status is "Pending Process". My company contacted the consulate and expressed the need of me returning to work as planned. But no change in status till now.
    My wife and my son have a valid H4 stamping (they got the stamping last year when they visited India but i was working with a different employer at that time). Can they travel back to US when my passport is with the consulate??
    Thankyou.

No. There is no H4 without H1B being in status. If the H1B holder is not maintaining the H1B status, then your dependents will go out of status on H4 if they enter U.S. They may also be deported if the officer at the POE figures out that they are entering without the primary H1B holder and the H1B holder's visa is pending admin process.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you shervin.

What does it mean, if the consulates takes the passport and the case is in "Pending Process"? Do you know by chance, how long will they take to approve the case?

Thanks again.

Comment

Well, it means your case is undergoing administrative processing and you will have to wait for the decision (it is neigther approved or rejected at this stage). Search and read the posts on 221g / admin process. No one can predict the time frame that takes to get the 221g cleared as they are case by case basis.

Originally posted by biju_kerla View Post
        Thank you shervin.

What does it mean, if the consulates takes the passport and the case is in "Pending Process"? Do you know by chance, how long will they take to approve the case?

Thanks again.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X