Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reqd Infrmation for H1B Stamping

Hi all,
    Please help me with the below questions.

Currently my salary in LCA is 68,000, but my payroll run for 93,000 because of my Green Card process (To match EB2 requirements).
    Mostly i work more than 160 hours/month (Some times 160 also) but my payroll run exactly to match 93,000.

My questions are:
    1. If VO ask me, why is the difference between your LCA amount and your payroll amount.
    2. If VO ask me, you are woking more than 160 hours/month but why is your payroll run for same amount.

1. If VO ask me, why is the difference between your LCA amount and your payroll amount.
    >>> There will be no such question. As long as you don't get paid less than the approved LCA, you are good.

2. If VO ask me, you are woking more than 160 hours/month but why is your payroll run for same amount.
    >>> Again, there will be no such questions. People who work full time for a company doesn't get paid for overtime. Their salary will remain the same every month.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin thanks for your information.

Comment

Shervin,
        I forget to ask you this.

One of my friends friend situation:
        VO: Why are you working at client site.
        He: B'cos of security reason we are not allowed to work at my employers location so i'm working at client's location.
        VO: Asked few other questions and he answered him....
        VO: Do you have the pictures of your client location.
        He: Yes, he gave him the client location pictures.
        VO: You said your working at client location b'cos of secureity reason then how ur permitted to take the pictures.....

In this case can i tell him that in my client location taking pictures are not allowed (or) can i take the pictures. (B'cos i'm also working at client location).

Comment

Originally posted by rajah1b View Post
          Shervin,
          I forget to ask you this.

One of my friends friend situation:
          VO: Why are you working at client site.
          He: B'cos of security reason we are not allowed to work at my employers location so i'm working at client's location.
          VO: Asked few other questions and he answered him....
          VO: Do you have the pictures of your client location.
          He: Yes, he gave him the client location pictures.
          VO: You said your working at client location b'cos of secureity reason then how ur permitted to take the pictures.....

In this case can i tell him that in my client location taking pictures are not allowed (or) can i take the pictures. (B'cos i'm also working at client location).
          I dont understand this response. Several people on H1B work at client site since that is where the projects get executed from. If all clients would be ok with people working remotely, then why would they pay USD billing rates anyway; they can simply have people working from India during EST daytime...I would suggest telling the VO the truth; which would be that the nature of project is such that it does involve face to face interaction with your team -internal as well as client - and other stakeholders. Lying based on a friends friends situation would just get you in more trouble, the VO's are smart folks, they catch lies

Comment

rvisak thks for your information.

Could you please let me know can i take the pictures of the client location.

Comment

Originally posted by rajah1b View Post
              rvisak thks for your information.

Could you please let me know can i take the pictures of the client location.
              I know of people who were asked to show pictures of actual work site (ie client location) as part of their H1 application - if your client is ok with this; I dont see an issue. Check with your company lawyer as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X