Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to retrieve passport back from US Embassy Delhi

Hi,

I went for H1B stamping and consulate officer kept my passport mentioning that they need to review my case. Its been 3 weeks and hence I thought of getting my passport back. Because, I wanted to appear for H4 stamping on my spouse's H1B.

I contacted VFS for the same. They asked me to send email. Sent email 4 days ago. Calling VFS everyday. They are saying that usually Embassy takes 48 hours to reply our query. They have already forwarded query to Embassy.

Does anyone has an idea, how long will it take for me to get my passport back? Do I have any other option?

Writing an email to VFS may or may not work. It is advisable you write a letter directly to the consulate and ask them to return your passport. Mention that you will submit the passport back for the visa stamping when the 221g gets cleared. It can take 2-3 weeks to get the passport back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Writing an email to VFS may or may not work. It is advisable you write a letter directly to the consulate and ask them to return your passport. Mention that you will submit the passport back for the visa stamping when the 221g gets cleared. It can take 2-3 weeks to get the passport back.
      Thanks. But how do I write an email directly to US Embassy Delhi? On their website, its mentioned that for all non-immigrant visa related queries, send email to "[email protected]". I also tried sending email to "[email protected]" (this is for general queries). But no reply from them. I tried calling Embassy on 91-11-2419-8000 but they forward me directly to VFS as soon as they found that its related to H1B stamping. I was using contact details from their "Contact Us" page. Any more details?

Comment

I am not talking about sending emails. I am talkig about sending a mail to the consulate. They may need a letter with your signature.

Originally posted by hiren011 View Post
        Thanks. But how do I write an email directly to US Embassy Delhi? On their website, its mentioned that for all non-immigrant visa related queries, send email to "[email protected]". I also tried sending email to "[email protected]" (this is for general queries). But no reply from them. I tried calling Embassy on 91-11-2419-8000 but they forward me directly to VFS as soon as they found that its related to H1B stamping. I was using contact details from their "Contact Us" page. Any more details?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X