Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Returns for H1B stampingHello...

Hello...

I have been in the us since 2005 as a student, and my H1B employment started in October 2010.(until then I was on OPT) I am working as a full time employee in an all american firm.
    I have not gone back to india since my H1B was approved.
    Now, I need to go to India since I am getting married, and need to get my visa stamped.

The question I have is...whether I need to carry tax return documents for the whole OPT + H1B period, or is it sufficient to carry the tax return documents for the period i was under the H1B visa(2 years).The employers were different for my OPT and H1b periods.

What happens if I do not have the tax return documents available from my OPT period? Is it absolutely mandatory to carry every single tax return document for the entire period of my stay in the US?

I need immediate help in regards to this matter. Can somebody please advise me?
    Thanks so much in advance

Originally posted by karrygoogle View Post
    Hello...

I have been in the us since 2005 as a student, and my H1B employment started in October 2010.(until then I was on OPT) I am working as a full time employee in an all american firm.
    I have not gone back to india since my H1B was approved.
    Now, I need to go to India since I am getting married, and need to get my visa stamped.

The question I have is...whether I need to carry tax return documents for the whole OPT + H1B period, or is it sufficient to carry the tax return documents for the period i was under the H1B visa(2 years).The employers were different for my OPT and H1b periods.

What happens if I do not have the tax return documents available from my OPT period? Is it absolutely mandatory to carry every single tax return document for the entire period of my stay in the US?

I need immediate help in regards to this matter. Can somebody please advise me?
    Thanks so much in advance
    See the list of reqd docs - https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

Comment

Originally posted by rvisak View Post
      Rvisak... Thanks a lot for your reply.

Firstly.. There are 2 bullet points in the link you sent me that confuse me.

There was a bullet point which say "paystubs from most recent employer and most recent tax return document"
      also there was the next bullet which says..."If you have previously worked in the U.S., Your federal income tax returns (IRS Form 1040) and W-2 forms for all the years in which you have been employed in the U.S. Copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements. "

My question is ... if I DO NOT have the tax returns from my OPT period, what else can I provide the visa officer? IS it absolutely necessary in the first place to carry tax returns from my OPT period for a H1B stamping?

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by karrygoogle View Post
        Rvisak... Thanks a lot for your reply.

Firstly.. There are 2 bullet points in the link you sent me that confuse me.

There was a bullet point which say "paystubs from most recent employer and most recent tax return document"
        also there was the next bullet which says..."If you have previously worked in the U.S., Your federal income tax returns (IRS Form 1040) and W-2 forms for all the years in which you have been employed in the U.S. Copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements. "

My question is ... if I DO NOT have the tax returns from my OPT period, what else can I provide the visa officer? IS it absolutely necessary in the first place to carry tax returns from my OPT period for a H1B stamping?

Thanks very much
        It is advisable to carry all the docs. You never know what the VO may ask for and it is better to be safe than sorry during visa stamping. If you have absolutely no way of retrieving your taxes, maybe your bank statements, pay stubs etc will work. It is VO dependent really.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X