Getting stamping when changing employers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting stamping when changing employers

My wife was in US on a L1 visa stamp expiring on Sep 2011. She moved to H1 in October 2011 using a consultant and is yet to get stamping for H1 visa. She got a fulltime offer from a product company and is planning to get her H1 transfer here in US. Once transfer is approved, can she go to India and get stamping for the new employer(whom she hasn't joined) with new I797A.

Will there be chance of rejection since she has not yet joined her new employer? she is planning to join the new employer after she comes back from India vacation,

My wife was in US on a L1 visa stamp expiring on Sep 2011. She moved to H1 in October 2011 using a consultant and is yet to get stamping for H1 visa. She got a fulltime offer from a product company and is planning to get her H1 transfer here in US. Once transfer is approved, can she go to India and get stamping for the new employer(whom she hasn't joined) with new I797A.
    >>> Yes.

Will there be chance of rejection since she has not yet joined her new employer? she is planning to join the new employer after she comes back from India vacation
    >>> This is not a reason for rejection. How do you think people who haven't entered U.S (started working for the U.S employers) gets their H1B visas stamped for the first time?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X