Mistake in I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in I94

Hi, I need some urgent help on a issue, i came to United states with H1B Visa, at the POE the immigration officer gave me the entry as a B2 for 6 months, I didn't notice it at that time but later realized it and rushed to the CBP officer but amazingly the officer asked me to come back 6 weeks later and then only they can update my I94. is this correct information or do i need to chheck with another officer once again.

please help me out of this ASAP.

Thanks

Originally posted by sree777 View Post
    Hi, I need some urgent help on a issue, i came to United states with H1B Visa, at the POE the immigration officer gave me the entry as a B2 for 6 months, I didn't notice it at that time but later realized it and rushed to the CBP officer but amazingly the officer asked me to come back 6 weeks later and then only they can update my I94. is this correct information or do i need to chheck with another officer once again.

please help me out of this ASAP.

Thanks
    See this: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...instead-of-H1B

Comment

Originally posted by gssaini View Post
      Thanks for the reply,

But i don't have any other visa other than H1B, there are no ther Visa stampings in my passport other than H1B that is amistake done by the officer at POE, Please advise me what to do in this case

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

But i don't have any other visa other than H1B, there are no ther Visa stampings in my passport other than H1B that is amistake done by the officer at POE, Please advise me what to do in this case
        When did you enter US? It is possible that the CBP officer does not have your record updated as it may take 10-15 days to have your record show up in their records.

Comment

When did you enter US? It is possible that the CBP officer does not have your record updated as it may take 10-15 days to have your record show up in their records.
          Its been a week i entered in US, okay the officer said it would take 6 weeks for the data to get updated, this is the point where i got doubt if it really would take that much time.

Thanks

Comment

Its been a week i entered in US, okay the officer said it would take 6 weeks for the data to get updated, this is the point where i got doubt if it really would take that much time.

Thanks
            It should not take more than two weeks. I don't want to suggest anything which I dont know but you can try once again and let the officer check if your record is updated.

Comment

It should not take more than two weeks. I don't want to suggest anything which I dont know but you can try once again and let the officer check if your record is updated.
              Sure thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X