Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1b. Please Help.

Hi,

Query 1: I have a h1b petition and I'm yet to go for stamping. My wife who is working in other company also has H1b petition and is planning to go for stamping next week. Can I go with her for H4 stamping ? Will it cause any problems if I go for H1b stamping in the future ?

Query 2: Can my wife come with me for H4 stamping when I go for H1b stamping in the future?

Query 3: I have a 3 year old daughter. If she comes with us for H4 stamping next week is she eligible to come with me for H4 stamping again in the future. Will it cause any problems ?

Please suggest as I am in a weird situation.

Query 1: I have a h1b petition and I'm yet to go for stamping. My wife who is working in other company also has H1b petition and is planning to go for stamping next week. Can I go with her for H4 stamping ? Will it cause any problems if I go for H1b stamping in the future ?
    >>> No issues. When you appear for H1B stamping in the future, your H4 visa might get cancelled.

Query 2: Can my wife come with me for H4 stamping when I go for H1b stamping in the future?
    >>> Yes. If she already have a valid H1B visa in the passport and if she appears with you for the H4 stamping, her H1B visa might get cancelled.

Query 3: I have a 3 year old daughter. If she comes with us for H4 stamping next week is she eligible to come with me for H4 stamping again in the future. Will it cause any problems ?
    >>> No issues. But only 1 H4 visa is required to travel to U.S. One cannot have multiple visa H4 stamping. What is the point in taking two H4 visa stamping for your daughter. It is just a waste of money. When she appears again by paying all the fee, the previous H4 will be cancelled and the new one will be stamped (that is if all documents are in order). If you have enough money and time, then you can do this for no reason.

>>> There is absolutely nothing weird about your situation.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> No issues. When you appear for H1B stamping in the future, your H4 visa might get cancelled.

>>> Yes. If she already have a valid H1B visa in the passport and if she appears with you for the H4 stamping, her H1B visa might get cancelled.

>>> No issues. But only 1 H4 visa is required to travel to U.S. One cannot have multiple visa H4 stamping. What is the point in taking two H4 visa stamping for your daughter. It is just a waste of money. When she appears again by paying all the fee, the previous H4 will be cancelled and the new one will be stamped (that is if all documents are in order). If you have enough money and time, then you can do this for no reason.

>>> There is absolutely nothing weird about your situation.
      Thanks Shervin. I need to plan accordingly now.

Comment

H1B Delhi-Biologics Background

Hello

I have visa interview in Delhi and have Biologics background. Does anyone has any experience with the type of interview questions.
        Also my husband is a US citizen, what would be the appropriate answer for the question : why would you come back to india?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X