Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) with PIMS verification - june 2012 - anyone in the same boat?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) with PIMS verification - june 2012 - anyone in the same boat?????

Interview date :June 28 2012

DOS confirmed abt PIMS update :July 09 2012

Till date pending with Chennai consulate

Anyone got approval within this timeframe? Please share your success/wait experience

Originally posted by needhelpp View Post
    Interview date :June 28 2012

DOS confirmed abt PIMS update :July 09 2012

Till date pending with Chennai consulate

Anyone got approval within this timeframe? Please share your success/wait experience
    did you get any slip mentioning anything?...r u FTE?

also keep looking for your case number on consulate website in case status.

Comment

I got a blue slip with only one item checked "Petition not updated in the pims database"
      I am not able to trace my case with my case number...221(g) cannot be tracked ,thats what i learned from VFS.

Comment

As far as I have observed from different forums and posts ..
        PIMS updation cases used to take 2-4 weeks, but now the resolution time for such cases has increased to 4-6 weeks. I was interviewed at Mumbai Consulate and VO had told me that my visa is approved but the petition is not updated in System (PIMS), but then its 4.5 months now and looks like my case has been slipped into further administrative processing (which could be for background check .. just a guess). I dont have any other option but to just wait for the email from Consulate now.

I think if your case is really pending just for PIMS then you sould hear back something in 4-6 weeks. Otherwise you should drop an email to Chennai VFS and ask for status updates (after 6 weeks).

I hope you come out of this soon. All the best !!

Comment

OMG ,4.5 months,thats so bad.
          I am too depressed abt the way things are going.Also the process is not transparent and it is killing many of our lifes

So as u said i will be ablt to know if my case has been moved to admin processing only after 6 weeks :-(
          Hoping for the best to happen.

Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
          As far as I have observed from different forums and posts ..
          PIMS updation cases used to take 2-4 weeks, but now the resolution time for such cases has increased to 4-6 weeks. I was interviewed at Mumbai Consulate and VO had told me that my visa is approved but the petition is not updated in System (PIMS), but then its 4.5 months now and looks like my case has been slipped into further administrative processing (which could be for background check .. just a guess). I dont have any other option but to just wait for the email from Consulate now.

I think if your case is really pending just for PIMS then you sould hear back something in 4-6 weeks. Otherwise you should drop an email to Chennai VFS and ask for status updates (after 6 weeks).

I hope you come out of this soon. All the best !!

Comment

Hey, dont loose your hope. All 221g cases resolution time varies on case to case basis.
            More over our cases are with different consulates also.

As you rightly said - hope for the best !!

Originally posted by needhelpp View Post
            OMG ,4.5 months,thats so bad.
            I am too depressed abt the way things are going.Also the process is not transparent and it is killing many of our lifes

So as u said i will be ablt to know if my case has been moved to admin processing only after 6 weeks :-(
            Hoping for the best to happen.

Comment

Got reply from consulate but waiting for passport

hi everyone,
              i got a letter from the consulate on july 27th.It had all the documents and a blue slip which had a hand written line "Please drop passport for visa issuance"
              It made me very happy and i dropped the passport in VFS on Aug 01.

But i did not get the passport back till now ,its been 4 days .Please tell if it i going to take a lot of time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X