Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping in Canada/Mexico - Please Help

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working in the US. I changed employers this year in January and I plan to go for stamping to Canada.

However, I was told that since I do NOT have a Bachelors or Masters degree from US, that the approval process might take long/longer. I only have a Bachelors degree from India (along with all 8 semester marks cards and Education Evaluation certificate).

Could someone please tell me if this is a serious concern? Does Canada perform its own evaluation which could take longer? Does this apply to Mexico as well?

Please advise.

If this is your first time H1B stamping, then you need to go and get it from your home country. If you already had a H1B visa stamped in the past, then you can go to Canada.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, shervin143.

My first time stamping was in India, which was in 2009. Since then, one extension was applied by my previous employer, which did not get stamped since I never left US. And in January this year, my new company applied for a fresh petition, which is what I'll use for getting my stamping done this time.

So, in your experience, is it OK to visit Canada, irrespective of not having a degree from US?

Comment

No issues. Degree from U.S is required only f you are going for the first time H1B stamping in Canada/Mexico.

Originally posted by satyakb View Post
        Thanks for the quick response, shervin143.

My first time stamping was in India, which was in 2009. Since then, one extension was applied by my previous employer, which did not get stamped since I never left US. And in January this year, my new company applied for a fresh petition, which is what I'll use for getting my stamping done this time.

So, in your experience, is it OK to visit Canada, irrespective of not having a degree from US?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

This is great to know, thanks a lot shervin143!

Comment

First time stamping in Canada - EVC Model

Hi!

I want to get my H1B stamped from Canada. This is my first ever stamping and I am on EVC model. I have a Masters degree from the US.
            Is it a good idea to go to Canada and get it stamped? Can anyone share their experience/ do's and dont's with me?
            If the visa gets rejected, can I come back here on a H4 since my husband has a valid H1?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X