Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On STEM OPT need H1B transfer

Hi all,
    I am currently on STEM OPT with H1B approved Oct 2011 but I did not do the change of status to H1B, so I am still in F1 STEM OPT. I recently got an offer from a company which does not participate in E-Verify program and they are willing to transfer the H1B. My question is, can the H1B be transferred from my current employer to the new employer and change the status from OPT to H1B at the same time? Will it take extra processing time?
    Thanks.

Possible. Transfer and COS will happen together. The timeline will be the same. 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by oceantin View Post
    Hi all,
    I am currently on STEM OPT with H1B approved Oct 2011 but I did not do the change of status to H1B, so I am still in F1 STEM OPT. I recently got an offer from a company which does not participate in E-Verify program and they are willing to transfer the H1B. My question is, can the H1B be transferred from my current employer to the new employer and change the status from OPT to H1B at the same time? Will it take extra processing time?
    Thanks.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Possible. Transfer and COS will happen together. The timeline will be the same. 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X