H1B status complicated acquisition query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B status complicated acquisition query

I have a complicated question. My company works in 4 different products-A(Java, Unix),B(JavaScript, HTML),C(SFDC Apex),D(EAI tools). While filing for my H1 they filed it on pretext that I will work product A, though I always contributed to nearly all 4 products due to my skill set. Recently my company lost funding for product A and laid off all employees in that product line but I was retained to work on other product lines.
    First question- Am I out of status since company filed my H1 on pretext that I will work on product A.

As it stands now, my company will be acquired by 1 or more companies which will buy other product lines.

Second question- Lets say I join any of new company who buy part of my companies. Will they be required to file any amended petition for me?

First question- Am I out of status since company filed my H1 on pretext that I will work on product A.
    >>> No.

As it stands now, my company will be acquired by 1 or more companies which will buy other product lines.

Second question- Lets say I join any of new company who buy part of my companies. Will they be required to file any amended petition for me?
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X