No announcement yet.

Filled attorney name instead of employer name in name of petitioner in ds 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled attorney name instead of employer name in name of petitioner in ds 160

Hi,
    In "temporary work visa information", under "name of person/company who filed petition", I filled my attorney name instead of the company name. Under "employer name", I entered the company name. This information is present in my I797. However, in the printed field of I797, there is a "petitioner: <employer-name>". Will this cause any problems? I already submitted the documents for advance submission before the interview. What can I do?

Thanks

Few options.

1) Talk to VFS helpdesk to see if they can help in getting this corrected.

2) Take the interview as scheduled. The VO might not even ask about it. If asked, explain that you got confused while filling it as the company attorney is the who filed the petition. The VO might be able to make corrections there. Also, take a printed copy of your DS160 and make the correct there and keep it with you during the visa interview.

3) Cancel the appointment, fill the DS160 again and schedule the interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks!

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Few options.

1) Talk to VFS helpdesk to see if they can help in getting this corrected.

2) Take the interview as scheduled. The VO might not even ask about it. If asked, explain that you got confused while filling it as the company attorney is the who filed the petition. The VO might be able to make corrections there. Also, take a printed copy of your DS160 and make the correct there and keep it with you during the visa interview.

3) Cancel the appointment, fill the DS160 again and schedule the interview.
      Thanks for the reply, Shervin.
      I called up the consulate(hyderabad). They asked me to fill a new DS 160 and bring it along with the original one for the same appointment. According to them, I don't need to cancel and re-schedule. I am not sure if I should handle the interview normally and point out a new DS 160 if a discrepancy is noticed by the VO or if I should start the interview myself and give the VO a new DS 160.

Comment

Well, that is what I mentioned in option 2. Just take a copy of the DS160 with the corrections. If the VO questions, then handover the corrected DS160 and explain that you spoke to the VFS office and as per their suggestion, you have the corrected DS160.

Originally posted by Kumaran Yadav View Post
        Thanks for the reply, Shervin.
        I called up the consulate(hyderabad). They asked me to fill a new DS 160 and bring it along with the original one for the same appointment. According to them, I don't need to cancel and re-schedule. I am not sure if I should handle the interview normally and point out a new DS 160 if a discrepancy is noticed by the VO or if I should start the interview myself and give the VO a new DS 160.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X