H4 query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 query

I came back to US in Feb 2005. Worked in US from 1996 to 2001. I was on bench for couple of months[Feb '05,Mar '05] and later I started working on a project beginning Apr '05. I didn't get my pay stubs for the bench period.
    My wife just went for her H4 stamping to Chennai Consulate[June '05]. She told the visa officer that I just started working on a project. The consulate made a query "Why did your husband didn't work the first two months?" and "Why you didn't go with your husband? [This seems to be answerable]"
    Could anyone please tell me how this issue can be resolved?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Reed.

some points..

what u can probably say for the first queiry is that u didnt get the receipt of the ssn applied and cant work untill one has ssn. besides it is adviceable that u consult ur employer regarding this question..
    regarding the second query your wife can say that she got the passport only after u left if it is the case, else maybe she can say due to family circumsentences she couldnt travel with u..

Comment

Thanks for your response, Vinod. I had SSN since I worked in US from 1996 to 2001. So I think it will not be a correct answer to the query

Comment

This is really pathetic. I don't know whats the intention of Chennai consulate, but for sure they are trying to avoid visas to Indians as much as they can.
        Anyway, try to take a letter from your employer. I think thats the best option.

Also please let us know how did u solved this issue (if you alreday solved it).

Regards.

Comment

Hi,

Any Updates? Please share !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X