Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with paystubs

Hello,

I used to work in state A until mid Jan 2012. My H1b extension was done in Dec 2011 when I was in state A. I changed my job at the end of Jan 2012 to state B (the end client is different than that of the one I used to be with in State A). My employer filed the LCA using my work location in state B but continued to run my paystubs in State A (FYI...my employer is also in State A). What sort of problems would this create for me in the future (during green card processing etc). My employer's payroll is managed by ADP, I spoke to ADP and they said they can amend the paystubs. Did anyone experience the same issue before? Would this create any problems when filing the taxes? Please advise.

Regards,
    Sumanz

Originally posted by sumanz View Post
    Hello,

I used to work in state A until mid Jan 2012. My H1b extension was done in Dec 2011 when I was in state A. I changed my job at the end of Jan 2012 to state B (the end client is different than that of the one I used to be with in State A). My employer filed the LCA using my work location in state B but continued to run my paystubs in State A (FYI...my employer is also in State A). What sort of problems would this create for me in the future (during green card processing etc). My employer's payroll is managed by ADP, I spoke to ADP and they said they can amend the paystubs. Did anyone experience the same issue before? Would this create any problems when filing the taxes? Please advise.

Regards,
    Sumanz
    Get your correct pay stubs. Your pay stubs, W2 etc need to accurately reflect your state of residence and work. It is to avoid issues with IRS first and foremost and moreover is the right thing to do legally

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X