H4 Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa stamping

Let me give a bit of background before I proceed with my question.

We came over to the US on a B1/B2 visa, then while we were in the US, changed to an L1/L2 visa. Then earlier this year, we switched back to a B2 visa. The only stamp we have in our passports is the initial B1/B2 visa as we have never left the USA since we arrived in Aug 2010. We are now in the process of waiting for our approval on the H1/H4 visa.

My question is, if the H1/H4 visa is approved. I would like to travel back to South Africa for my brothers wedding. My husband will have the H1 visa and myself an H4 but only I will be traveling to South Africa. So I know I will have to visit the US Consulate while I am there to get the H4 stamped into my passport so I can return to the USA.

Will it be a problem for only me to get the H4 stamped into my passport without my husband there?

Originally posted by mynx View Post
    Let me give a bit of background before I proceed with my question.

We came over to the US on a B1/B2 visa, then while we were in the US, changed to an L1/L2 visa. Then earlier this year, we switched back to a B2 visa. The only stamp we have in our passports is the initial B1/B2 visa as we have never left the USA since we arrived in Aug 2010. We are now in the process of waiting for our approval on the H1/H4 visa.

My question is, if the H1/H4 visa is approved. I would like to travel back to South Africa for my brothers wedding. My husband will have the H1 visa and myself an H4 but only I will be traveling to South Africa. So I know I will have to visit the US Consulate while I am there to get the H4 stamped into my passport so I can return to the USA.

Will it be a problem for only me to get the H4 stamped into my passport without my husband there?
    As long as you never violated your stay, maintained all status as per the visa that you were on and have proper documentation to prove it and the H1 documentation is proper you should not have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      As long as you never violated your stay, maintained all status as per the visa that you were on and have proper documentation to prove it and the H1 documentation is proper you should not have any issues.
      Well were out of status while we waited for a decision on our L1/L2 visa. However we did apply for the L1/L2 visa before our 6mth period was up on the B1/B2 visa. Same applies for the L1/L2 expiration, we applied for the B1/B2 before the L1/L2 expired. Would this still be ok?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X