Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 Visa

Dear All,

I got my H1-B visa from United States Embassy Islamabad in July 2012.I am married with 2 kids. While filling up DS-160 form I have mentioned that I will be travelling alone. Because my idea was that I would call my wife and kids next year in 2013 and my wife would apply for H4 in March 2013. But now I think that my wife should apply for H4 visa now instead of applying in March 2013. I am travelling in the last week of September 2012. She and the kids won't be travelling with me. But I want my wife and kids to have H4 visa before I leave for US.Also during H1-B interview the visa officer asked me about my wife and kids and I told him that they will follow me later. I am just thinking that If my wife applies now for H4 the visa officer might say that why didn't your husband applied for H4 visa together with his H1-B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    Malik Awan

Originally posted by MalikAwan View Post
    Dear All,

I got my H1-B visa from United States Embassy Islamabad in July 2012.I am married with 2 kids. While filling up DS-160 form I have mentioned that I will be travelling alone. Because my idea was that I would call my wife and kids next year in 2013 and my wife would apply for H4 in March 2013. But now I think that my wife should apply for H4 visa now instead of applying in March 2013. I am travelling in the last week of September 2012. She and the kids won't be travelling with me. But I want my wife and kids to have H4 visa before I leave for US.Also during H1-B interview the visa officer asked me about my wife and kids and I told him that they will follow me later. I am just thinking that If my wife applies now for H4 the visa officer might say that why didn't your husband applied for H4 visa together with his H1-B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    Malik Awan
    You could have applied for a H4 only after you had got your H1B stamped. I don't think the VO will ask that question. I doubt that your wife will be able to fly with you in September as you have yet to even start the H4 process. She can surely apply and get the stamping done. Good luck.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X