Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa filling

Hi,

I am getting married in December 2012,my fiance will be coming to india for in november.
    My Query is :
    1)Can He schedule an interview date while he is in US, somewhere in december after we get married.
    2)Is it okay if he fills DS-160 form with filling up my martial status as married even though I am not married when he is submitting this form while he is still in US.
    as the barcode number of this form is required to schedule interview.
    3) Can we have a combined interview,which interview for his H1B visa stamping and mine H4 approval interview.

Thanks

Originally posted by muser View Post
    Hi,

I am getting married in December 2012,my fiance will be coming to india for in november.
    My Query is :
    1)Can He schedule an interview date while he is in US, somewhere in december after we get married.

--- Interview can be schedule before the wedding, but it must happen after the wedding.

2)Is it okay if he fills DS-160 form with filling up my martial status as married even though I am not married when he is submitting this form while he is still in US.
    as the barcode number of this form is required to schedule interview.

--- Yes, fill it as of the date of interview.

3) Can we have a combined interview,which interview for his H1B visa stamping and mine H4 approval interview.

--- Yes, both of you can go together.

Thanks
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Regarding H4 Visa

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      Thanks for your reply

I have few more questions:

1)Can I have H4 stamped with my maiden name on passport after marriage ?

2)If I keep my maiden name as on passport after marriage then while filling up the DS-160 form should I keep the maiden name and write martial status as married or I have to write my husband's last name and martial status as married on the DS-160 form.

3)If we plan to go for a court marriage prior to the actual wedding by religious ceremony so that we get the marriage certificate as early as possible ,then court marriage date will be different from the actual wedding date hence in this case which date of marriage should we refer during the interview.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      Thanks for your reply

I have few more questions:

1)Can I have H4 stamped with my maiden name on passport after marriage ?

2)If I keep my maiden name as on passport after marriage then while filling up the DS-160 form should I keep the maiden name and write martial status as married or I have to write my husband's last name and martial status as married on the DS-160 form.

3)If we plan to go for a court marriage prior to the actual wedding by religious ceremony so that we get the marriage certificate as early as possible ,then court marriage date will be different from the actual wedding date hence in this case which date of marriage should we refer during the interview.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Name change is not necessary. You can keep your maiden name on all documents for your life.
        Court marriage will be the legal marriage, that date will be considered.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X