Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94 Expiring in 10days.New H1 extension applied & approved.Will I be out of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expiring in 10days.New H1 extension applied & approved.Will I be out of status

I94 was issued till passport expiration date at Port of entry. My visa is valid till end of next month(Sep30-2012) and I94 expiring in 10 days. I got my passport renewed and also my employer filed for H-1B extension which got approved(with I-94number same as previous I-94 number) for 1 yr starting from end of next month.
    1. Which I94 will be considered? ( new or old)
    2. Will the new I94 ( which I will get through the new extension) would be valid for my continuation of stay?
    3. Or will I be out of status for 1month? (because my new I-797 dates are from Aug1st -2012 and my old I-94 expiring before that date)
    4. If so, how to apply for I94 extension for that 1month gap?
    5. Do I have to go out of state and come back or is there a way for my attorney to apply for I94 extension for that one month

Please let me know in this regard. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by akaash View Post
    I94 was issued till passport expiration date at Port of entry. My visa is valid till end of next month(Sep30-2012) and I94 expiring in 10 days. I got my passport renewed and also my employer filed for H-1B extension which got approved(with I-94number same as previous I-94 number) for 1 yr starting from end of next month.
    1. Which I94 will be considered? ( new or old)
    2. Will the new I94 ( which I will get through the new extension) would be valid for my continuation of stay?
    3. Or will I be out of status for 1month? (because my new I-797 dates are from Aug1st -2012 and my old I-94 expiring before that date)
    4. If so, how to apply for I94 extension for that 1month gap?
    5. Do I have to go out of state and come back or is there a way for my attorney to apply for I94 extension for that one month

Please let me know in this regard. Thanks in advance
    Do you have the I-797 form with the I94 in your hands right now? If so - just staple the old I94 and the new one from the I797 together and forget about it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X