Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where and When should i get first time H1B stamping, I have US MBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and When should i get first time H1B stamping, I have US MBA?

Hi experts,

My fiiance is in Eurpoe, and i have to travel to her in December 2012, After reading all the H1B stamping experince, I am bit worried about stamping process.

I have US MBA degree, which i recieved last year August 2011, I recently got my I94(H1B) card. This is my first H1B after working on OPT for a year.

My MBA university is not in top 20 but in top 50 and I am working in EC(Employer-Client) model. I start working with my client in last november 2011 and it's a long term project till 2013. I do have client letter and all other formal documents.

My employer is also not very big consultancy but a decent one filed around 600 H1B and 30 Green card in last 10 year. My client is also not fortune 500 company but a 100 year old Media / B2B company.

so, my question is "Where and When should i get my first time H1B stamping", I will prefered canada, becuase it is easy to travel from there to Europe. but do let me know, which place is preferrable and exactly when should i got stamp, right now, or in december 2012.

I know, in the end, H1B stamping is all luck, but i want to take experienced people correct advice and plan accordingly.

Please help, any swift response would be highly appreciated.

Note: please excuse, if this is not the correct place to post this thread.

Originally posted by pm_pm View Post
    Hi experts,

My fiiance is in Eurpoe, and i have to travel to her in December 2012, After reading all the H1B stamping experince, I am bit worried about stamping process.

I have US MBA degree, which i recieved last year August 2011, I recently got my I94(H1B) card. This is my first H1B after working on OPT for a year.

My MBA university is not in top 20 but in top 50 and I am working in EC(Employer-Client) model. I start working with my client in last november 2011 and it's a long term project till 2013. I do have client letter and all other formal documents.

My employer is also not very big consultancy but a decent one filed around 600 H1B and 30 Green card in last 10 year. My client is also not fortune 500 company but a 100 year old Media / B2B company.

so, my question is "Where and When should i get my first time H1B stamping", I will prefered canada, becuase it is easy to travel from there to Europe. but do let me know, which place is preferrable and exactly when should i got stamp, right now, or in december 2012.

I know, in the end, H1B stamping is all luck, but i want to take experienced people correct advice and plan accordingly.

Please help, any swift response would be highly appreciated.

Note: please excuse, if this is not the correct place to post this thread.
    As a general rule, 1st time should be done at your home country. Doing it in any other country (say, Canada) has at least two gotchas:

1) higher chances of being denied - as the consular office on Canada is trained to evaluate *canadian* candidates, not candidates from any other country - so higher chances of him/her erring on the side of caution and denying it
    2) were you to go to Canada for stamping, and be denied, you will be in a tough spot - you will either need to remain in Canada (for an unknown amount of time, if it goes into admin processing) or will need to leave Canada and go to your home country - as you don't have an H1B visa in your passport, you won't be able to reenter the USA (well, maybe: you may have a B1/B2 visa in your passport, but were you to use that to reenter the US, you wouldn't be in H1B status)

In short: go to your home country for the stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X