Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 visa application just based on court marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa application just based on court marriage?

Hello Folks,

I'm currently working in the states on an H1B (i know this goes without saying if im talking abt H4 ). I will be going to india in the near future (Sept/Oct) to visit my fiance and we were thinking about getting married in the court. And maybe have the big wedding sometime next year....

In the meantime, however, I would like to be able to bring her to the states as soon as her H4 is done. Now, I'm not sure about the H4 process and would really appreciate some information from the fellow members on this forum with the following questions:

- Say if we get married in the court and i have a valid marriage certificate, is it ok to apply for H4 visa just based on that? I know people mention that you should take wedding pictures and invitation cards, etc..but what if i just do a court marriage? is that an issue?
    - Also, is it an issue if my wife goes for the H4 visa interview while I'm in the US (I return from India after our marriage)?

I know this might not be a regular situation and i'm a little worried about it before moving forward. it would be great if some of you can shed some light on this and provide any other word of advice you might have.

Thanks!

Originally posted by nainesh21 View Post
    Hello Folks,

I'm currently working in the states on an H1B (i know this goes without saying if im talking abt H4 ). I will be going to india in the near future (Sept/Oct) to visit my fiance and we were thinking about getting married in the court. And maybe have the big wedding sometime next year....

In the meantime, however, I would like to be able to bring her to the states as soon as her H4 is done. Now, I'm not sure about the H4 process and would really appreciate some information from the fellow members on this forum with the following questions:

- Say if we get married in the court and i have a valid marriage certificate, is it ok to apply for H4 visa just based on that? I know people mention that you should take wedding pictures and invitation cards, etc..but what if i just do a court marriage? is that an issue?
    - Also, is it an issue if my wife goes for the H4 visa interview while I'm in the US (I return from India after our marriage)?

I know this might not be a regular situation and i'm a little worried about it before moving forward. it would be great if some of you can shed some light on this and provide any other word of advice you might have.

Thanks!
    For any country in the world but India, a court certificate should be more than enough. Sadly, because of the high rate of fraud by indian nationals, that may not be enough in your case. Get some feedback from people specialized in indian candidate on this forum.

For the 2nd question - it should be ok.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X