Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be validity of my passport at the time H1-B US VISA Stamping

Hi All,

I will be going for H1-B stamping soon. At the time of my stamping, my passport validity will be more than 6 months but less than an yr. At the expected date of travel also, my passport will be valid for more than 6 months. Will this be an issue? I searched around and it seems 6 months validity should be fine. Please confirm soon.

Thanks

Originally posted by imaz_2002 View Post
    Hi All,

I will be going for H1-B stamping soon. At the time of my stamping, my passport validity will be more than 6 months but less than an yr. At the expected date of travel also, my passport will be valid for more than 6 months. Will this be an issue? I searched around and it seems 6 months validity should be fine. Please confirm soon.

Thanks
    More than 6 Months validity should be fine. Only thing is that when you enter US you will be given an I-94 valid only till your passport date and you will have to file extension after getting a renewed passport. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

What should be validity of my passport at the time H1-B US VISA Stamping

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      More than 6 Months validity should be fine. Only thing is that when you enter US you will be given an I-94 valid only till your passport date and you will have to file extension after getting a renewed passport. This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I-94 should be fine as my VISA is expiring before my passport expires. Just wanted to confirm if there is any 1 yr validity rule which will cause problem during stamping.

On the other hand, is there any restriction on passport validity for travel from India to US?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X