Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - work from remote location

Hi

I live and work on H1B in LA, CA and have a new job offer in San Francisco. I plan to move there in 2 months. My question is if I can join them ASAP and start working for them from home (in LA) until I move. Is that legal?

Originally posted by deephoenix View Post
    Hi

I live and work on H1B in LA, CA and have a new job offer in San Francisco. I plan to move there in 2 months. My question is if I can join them ASAP and start working for them from home (in LA) until I move. Is that legal?

In order to work legally for new company, they will need to file for H1-B transfer and get receipt notice from the USCIS. Once you get the receipt notice, you can work for the new company. Have the new company file LCA for both locations i.e., LA and San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by alliesv View Post
      In order to work legally for new company, they will need to file for H1-B transfer and get receipt notice from the USCIS. Once you get the receipt notice, you can work for the new company. Have the new company file LCA for both locations i.e., LA and San Francisco.
      Ok.. so before filing H1 transfer, should they file my LCA for both locations? Will it have to be mentioned in H1b transfer that both LA and San Francisco will be my work locations?

Anyhow, how will USCIS know that I worked from LA for 2 months. Once I was visiting India, I also worked from there for 3 months.
      Last edited by deephoenix; 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X