Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Visa Interview - Missiing Original I-797

Hi,

My employer sent a packet with my Original approval and other documents. But, seems like it went missing. We can't track it nor USPS is of any help.
    Now, my question is that can I still interview without my Original I-797 approval??? Can my employer send a notarized copy of it and I can go for the interview?

Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    alliesv

Someone please relpy!!

Comment

Originally posted by alliesv View Post
      Hi,

My employer sent a packet with my Original approval and other documents. But, seems like it went missing. We can't track it nor USPS is of any help.
      Now, my question is that can I still interview without my Original I-797 approval??? Can my employer send a notarized copy of it and I can go for the interview?

Please let me know.
      Thanks in advance.
      alliesv
      You need to carry original notice of approval to Chennai consulate. Check the respective consulates or call them and ask. I dont think anyone has a correct answer to this question here.
      Your company should sort out the mess with the help of an attorney.
      ------------------------
      I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Hi,

It happend for me too. i have applied for duplicate copy to USCIS. this process will take 3-6 weeks. without the I797/I129 you can not attend VISA interview

Thanks,
        Sai

Comment

Get your Visa application number from your employer first - search the status of the number in the USCIS site. (See if the employer really sent you the Doc)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X