Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa, Transfer/Renewal ..Re-stamping?-- Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa, Transfer/Renewal ..Re-stamping?-- Need Help!

Friends,

I was referred to this forum by one of my friend - who is a regular follower in here!

I did my MS in US and got my H1B within first 12 months of my OPT. My H1B started in November 2010. I had visited India in May 2011 and had successfully got my Stamping done in Delhi. So now my stamping date is till November 2013 (Which I believe is for first three years slab).

Now I' planning to switch my job,but I have my renewal due by end of next year 2013. So Is it advisable to change jobs now or wait till renewal (that will complete my 3 yrs). I was told if I switch jobs now and with my new employer doing my visa transfer - my new visa/I-797 will have new dates for 3 years from date of transfer? Is that true? How is 6 years on H1B calculated? After I switch my jobs and visit India, do I have to go for stamping again?

Another question I had was - mostly likely I will be getting married by next year Summer 2013. So how can I manage the wife's H4 visa? Should I change my job and have new employer sponsor my wife's visa or have my current employer do it and change job after she is in US.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X