4 weeks and no H1 B approval notice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 weeks and no H1 B approval notice!

It's been four weeks since my H1B transfer case was approved, but to date I haven't received an approval notice. Since this was a premium processing case, my employer did receive an approval email notice, but no hard copy. I think she has put in a request with USCIS, but I haven't heard back yet.

Does this usually happen? How worried should I be?

Thanks!

Originally posted by iowan2012 View Post
    It's been four weeks since my H1B transfer case was approved, but to date I haven't received an approval notice. Since this was a premium processing case, my employer did receive an approval email notice, but no hard copy. I think she has put in a request with USCIS, but I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!
    It should not take so long. 2 weeks is the usual time. I got the approval notice mailed to India and got the visa too.
    ------------------------
    I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
      It should not take so long. 2 weeks is the usual time. I got the approval notice mailed to India and got the visa too.
      Well, I was notified yesterday that the mail was returned to USCIS because it was "undeliverable." My employer is looking into it.

Comment

221g : Passport not collect by VFS when went to submit the 221g documents

I had gone for H1B visa interview to Mumbai consulate on June 13 2012. The consulate gave me a blue slip (221g) and asked me to submit the additional documents to the nearest VFS office. I went to the VFS office in Pune on 10 Sep 2012 to submit the docs. They took the documents and gave me a receipt. However,they did not collect the passport but I see in the below link that the VFSc collects the passport as well.

I am really worried. Not sure what should i do.

Any help/suggestion/answers would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by iowan2012 View Post

Thanks!

Happens some times, but for PP cases, they usually send a duplicate approval notice right away - Are you in good terms with your Employer?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X