Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt regarding H1 filing location..

Hi,

Currently i am working at reputed MNC in india. My H1 petition got filed on Jun 11 and got the receipt number. My doubt is while filing i gave the documents like i am going to work for ABC client in Florida. But recently i got moved to new project within same company where the client XYZ was situated in Illionis location.

Now when i am going for interview what do i need to say whether i am going work for old client ABC or new XYZ. Do i need to file new LCA.

Please clarify my doubts. My manager is not very clear about the process.

Thanks for the guidance,
    R KARTHIK.

HI,

Will anyone in this forum please reply to my question.

Eagerly awaiting for any reply,

Thanks
    R KARTHIK

Comment

Reputed MNCs cheeze me off

Does not your 'reputed MNC' have an immigration team ? Has not your reputed MNC filed H1Bs before ? Will not your 'reputed MNC' give you some overview about the process and the interview ?

You are required to speak the truth. If you fill in anything untrue in your DS 160, you can be banned for life. A lot depends on what kind of a model you are employed on ? How are you going to get the client letters ? Now if you get client letter from Illinois but you have filled data about Fl, then you need to be able to justify this move by producing relevant documentation for it.

>Please clarify my doubts. My manager is not very clear about the process.

If s/he doesn't know this much about H1Bs then I wonder how much clear is s/he then ? That too working for a 'reputed MNC'.
      They either know or don't know.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Hi,

We are coming to forums in the hope of getting some useful information. Not to hear your temperamental advice about company or manager.

Since it is the place where many members were looking, i thought someone may have already faced this situation and can get an idea from them.

Instead of saying these many sentences you can simply say 'Please discuss with your immigration team' in a respectful manner.

There is only one thing i want to say, please change the name Happybuddha since it is not relevant to you.

Forum administrators/moderator --> Please look into this.

Thanks
        R Karthik

Comment

Originally posted by karthikr44 View Post
          Hi,

Currently i am working at reputed MNC in india. My H1 petition got filed on Jun 11 and got the receipt number. My doubt is while filing i gave the documents like i am going to work for ABC client in Florida. But recently i got moved to new project within same company where the client XYZ was situated in Illionis location.

Now when i am going for interview what do i need to say whether i am going work for old client ABC or new XYZ. Do i need to file new LCA.

Please clarify my doubts. My manager is not very clear about the process.

Thanks for the guidance,
          R KARTHIK.
          Hope this will help you:

Whenever you file H1B, you or your petitioner will mention which location you will be going to work from. The usual norm is to get the H1B petition approved, go for stamping with the same information as you have given in H1B petiton and get your visa successfully stamped.

Here you have to remember the following things:
          * Your petition information is your holy grail/BhagavadGita/Quran
          * You swear by your petition+LCA that all subsequent information is true = your DS 160 (which you fill during interview) and supporting documents all reflect your petition info.
          * In the interview you will be asked about your work location, client and manager. The answer has to match whats written in your petition+LCA

In your case I suggest to go ahead with the petition, since your employer has already paid the fees. Get your client letter for ABC in Florida. Show all documents for this client. Get your visa stamped. Enter US in Florida and then ask your employer to file an Amendment petition. With an Amendment petiton, your employer/attorney will file a new LCA for client in Illinois and say that you will move to XYZ location. This amendment petition will go to USCIS and you only need to wait till you get the receipt number and then you can move to your new client/location. No need to wait for the approval since once you enter US on H1B, moving to a new location is very rarely refused (provided all documents are in place)

There is another way for you to reach Illinois and work for new client : Your employer has to re-file your petition with new LCA, pay the H1B fee again and you have to wait longer to get the approval. This is entirely upto you and your employer to deicde.

The best bet for you is to wait till you get the visa, go to Florida, file amendment with new LCA, wait 7-10 days, once you get receipt number move to new location+new client.

Good luck.
          -Speed.
          ------------------------
          I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Hi Speed,

Thanks for your advice. You gave me some insight about the process need to do.

I very much appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks
            R KARTHIK.

Comment

Originally posted by karthikr44 View Post
              Hi,

We are coming to forums in the hope of getting some useful information. Not to hear your temperamental advice about company or manager.

Since it is the place where many members were looking, i thought someone may have already faced this situation and can get an idea from them.

Instead of saying these many sentences you can simply say 'Please discuss with your immigration team' in a respectful manner.

There is only one thing i want to say, please change the name Happybuddha since it is not relevant to you.

Forum administrators/moderator --> Please look into this.

Thanks
              R Karthik
              When you come to a forum, you are willing to listen to whatever anyone says (of course as far as their knowledge goes, in a decent way) not what you necessarily want to hear.
              If you want precise information hire an attorney !
              What should be my name shouldn't bother you, don't beat yourself about it.
              This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X